|Objective: Create a commercial for SoyCon.
Summary: SoyCon has been around for over 5 years and it has grown into one of the best gathering events in the Midwest. Now that most of you know what SoyCon is, we are interested on how could you advertise our event through your interpretation and creativity. Feel free to shoot in any style you like. Grab your friends and show us what you all got!
Entry Limit: 5-persons max per entry. A person cannot double entry in other groups.
- Please read all the guidelines below. We want to make sure that you and your commercial does not run into any problems when submitting your entry or during your filming process.
- All content must be rated PG. We will not accept your entry if we feel your entry is vulgar and non-tasteful.
- You may feature anyone you wish, but please be sure to ask before filming them.
- Avoid shooting at any business locations. They have their own media rights and regulations so it’s best not to get caught up within those circumstances.
- We do have restrictions on what to use and not what to use. Check our “Restrictions” sections below on this page.
- All entries will not be used for any benefit of profit. This contest is strictly for fun purposes only.
- When submitting your entry, be sure that your video is visually clear and sound quality is good. We advise to use your headphones when video
Commercial Time: Estimated 30-60 seconds. (Credits is not counted towards the commercial time.)
- If you are using any music, videos, and/or SFXs for your commercial, please be sure to give them credit. We cannot accept your entry until we see video credits after the commercial.
- Entry per group will go up to 5 persons max. This does not restrict to how many people can be filmed in your commercial.
- Business logos of any product or location are not allowed in your video entry. Be aware of where are you shooting.
- Persons in other entry groups can be featured in other group’s project, but cannot enter as part of the main 5-person max group.
- Commercials must end their videos with SoyCon as their main sell point.
- We will be accepting entries from now till July 1st at 12:00am CST.
- We accept the following video formats: .AVI, .MOV, .MP4, & .WMV
- All videos can be under Internet streaming quality (aka YouTube Quality), but higher preferred.
- You may send me your finalized files through either email@example.com or through a media sharing site. (Provide me a link if you are sending through a media share site.)
- You can also upload it to your youtube page and send me a link as well. I can also collect your video from there.
Judging Criteria: Entries will be based on originality, entertainment value, and commercial sell pitch.
Winner Selection: There will be only 1 winner for this contest. A small panel of judges will review all entries from dates 7/2 through 7/12. Winning entry will be revealed on July 15th.
Prize: To be announced. (It’ll be some type of gift card.)
Questions? Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
GOOD LUCK ENTRIES!